Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2011 Youtube Survey (on Blogspot)

Currently on Youtube, Alex Day started this survey thing, and it's totally the new hip thing. Everyone's doing it. Even my friend Emily just posted a video of her responses, and told Greg and our friend Dai to answer it as well. I felt very left out and because I'm just that self-involved, I'm taking the questions and answering them in the much-less-interesting medium of text.

-Tell us about your first kiss.
I was the embarassing age of 18, and I'd been seeing my boyfriend for two months. It was New Year's Eve, and we were at my friend's house when it midnight struck. Along with two other couples in close proximity to us, two other single friends were left there... to stare at us weirdly.
There were a few almost-moments in the years before this but they don't count.

-What is the most expensive casual item of clothing you've ever bought?
I don't buy expensive clothes. I simply don't. If anything costs more then $15, I walk away or my mom feels bad and buys it for me (which is something I have never manipulated in my entire life. Promise). But late last year I was working at Kohl's and I used the great clearance rack and my discount to buy a jacket that was retailed at about $80 for $20. I then proceeded to wear that jacket every day of my life for the next six months.

-What was the first job you ever wanted as a kid?
I'm not really sure about this one. I have a clear memory of every single kid in my kindgergarten class, inluding me, wanting to be an artist except for one kid who wanted to run his family's business. I was so jealous of the attention that kid got. But I also know I really wanted to be a teacher when I was younger, and that is the adorable option to go for, because it's what I'm studying to be right now. I remember really loving how my grandfather was a teacher (even though I never met him) and so was my mom. Actually, the "it runs in my family" line is still a big part of my inspiration for doing this.
Also, in middle school, I went through a phase of wanting to be an interior decorator. I REALLY loved "Trading Spaces."

-Tell us about your group of school friends.
In middle school, I was that weird girl who wore Spongebob watches and was too obsessed with softball. You know the girl. That was me. So I had a few friends, but not too many. Freshman year was similar and then when I was a Sophomore, MARCHING BAND HAPPENED. While it would be an exaggeration to say all my friends were in band, they were definitely the majority. We were the cool kids who lettered in band all four years and were found hanging out in the band hallway right after school. By Senior year, there was sort of a core of us (with a number of us paired off as well) who were very close. I still talk to quite a few of them. I've said it before and I'll say it again- band people are the best people.

-What would you name your kids?
I'm totally "that girl" who's put a lot of thought into this. I really like sort of literary names like Emma or Rose. For boys, for some reason I am drawn to multi-syllable names like Thomas or Benjamin just so I can possibly be the one person in their life to call them by their full name. That appeals to me, but I have no idea why.

-Who do you want to answer this next?
I have when surveys end with this. So annoying. And I did a ton of these back in the day, so I was irritated often.

No comments:

Post a Comment